Browse up-coming trainings in basic and advanced mediation, as well as sessions on a variety of specialty areas.
Network with colleagues, receive training from experienced mediators, and learn what's new in mediation.
PCM 2019 Annual Conference • Harrisburg • Save the Date – April 26-27, 2019
You are invited to submit a workshop proposal for 1½ hour sessions on Sat., April 27th.
We are looking for topics dealing with mediator skills, techniques and ethical issues.
Submission deadline is Nov. 30, 2018.
- On April 13, 2018, the PCM Board adopted a resolution in support of the creation of a statewide Commission of Alternative Dispute Resolution [link to attached pdf – PCM SR 160].
In May the PA Bar Association Board of Governors and House of Delegates adopted the ADA Committee's Report and Recommendation to adopt the SR 160 Report recommending that the legislature create an ADR Commission.
Meanwhile, Senator Greenleaf put forth Senate Bill 1132, establishing the PA ADR Commission, providing for its powers and funding. The bill passed through the Senate Judiciary Committee and is now in the Senate Appropriations Committee.
- On March 5, 2018, the PCM Board adopted a statement on Best Practices for mediators. The full statement is on the Recommended Guidelines page.
- PCM is now partnered with the PA Association of Realtors (PAR) to create a roster of mediators available to mediate buyer/seller and broker/broker disputes. PCM members are eligible to fill out the roster application form. For more information, contact Lisa Aaron at PAR – 1-800-555-3390.
- View a demonstration of online mediation recorded for the 2015 conference under the guidance of Giuseppe Leone, Virtual Mediation Lab. 20-minute (condensed) version | 60-minute (Full) version
- PCM strives to promote the use of mediation through educating the public, increasing the demand for qualified practitioners, and providing a network for professional development.